The Mobile Crane Operator Training program is specifically designed to upgrade the existing knowledge and skill levels of experienced operators, trainees, safety personnel, inspectors, maintenance personnel, managers, and supervisors. The information provided in the classroom is reinforced with hands-on application sessions on mobile cranes at Energyray training facilities or at client’s site. All personnel attending this program will gain significant and useful skills and will leave with a stronger understanding and appreciation of the requirements and responsibilities of Mobile Crane Operators Training they received.
· Crane operational characteristics
· Frequent and periodic inspections
· How to read and apply load charts
· How to use a range diagram
· Quadrants of operation
· Reeving and line pull
· Proper mobile crane set-up
· Evaluating ground and soil stability
· Outriggers and pad loading
· Use of jibs and extensions
· Stability vs Structural competence
· Evaluating the load
· Wire rope types and inspection
· Accident prevention and root cause
· How to determine load weight
· Effects of side loading
· Power line contact prevention
· Crane hands signals
· Personnel lifting
· OSHA/ASME compliance
WHO WILL BENEFIT
This course is aimed at delegates who are employed in the lifting equipment operation industry, or company personnel who are involved in the control and/or co-ordination and purchasing of lifting equipment. It would also be beneficial to those who have no previous experience or have experience but require refresher training.
The course is a mixture of theory and practical. All delegates will be expected to complete both a written test paper and successfully demonstrate their level of basic operational skills under test conditions. On successful completion the delegate will be issued Certificate of Competency.
This course is usually delivered at our Energyray Training Centre, but can also be delivered at a client’s base/premises.
Course Manual, Riggers Wallet, Hand Signal Card.
Coveralls, Hard hat and Safety boots.